FREE SUMMER MEALS
Children Ages 0 – 18
Breakfast & Lunch
Mary R. Fisher Elementary School
Mon – Thurs July 8 to August 8
Breakfast 8:00 – 9:00 am
Lunch 11:30 – 12:30 pm
Lunch at Riverside Park
Mon – Fri July 1 to Aug 9
Lunch 11:30 – 12:30 pm
No lunch July 4th Holiday
Welcome to TMS’ Summer Reading 2019
This year TMS is proud to partner with
The Governor’s Summer Reading Challenge and Connecticut Reads.
As study upon study has shown, students who do not read during the summer have difficulty retaining what they have already learned. This creates what is often referred to as the summer achievement gap. In fact, students who do not read during summer vacation return to school, on average, at least one month behind where they left off in the spring (McCombs, et al.).
That is why we at TMS have designed a summer reading program that will promote our students’ continued success.
Thompson Middle School
Thompson Middle School is a public middle school serving 337 students in 5th through 8th grade. Located in the town of North Grosvenordale, CT it is part of the Thompson School District. Thompson Middle School is led by Principal Steven Knowlton and his dedicated team of educators, administrators and staff – each dedicated to shepherding the school’s students through the transformative Middle School years.
- 2018-2019 Thompson Public Schools Calendar
- 2019-2020 Thompson Public Schools Calendar
- Superintendent’s Spring 2019 Newsletter
- TMS Spring 2019 Newsletter
- TPS Strategic Plan
- TPS Capacity and Coherence Review
- How to pay for student meals online
- Some Tips on Monitoring Social Media
- 2018 – 2019 Thompson Public Schools Bus Routes
- TMS Student Handbook 2018 – 2019
- June 10 – BOE Meeting, TMS Media Center 7:00 pm
- June 12 – District Early Release
- June 12 – TMS 8th Grade Moving Up, TPS Auditorium 6:00 pm
- June 13 – Last Day of School / District Early Release
Thompson Public Schools are committed to providing websites that are accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines. Should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Thompson Public Schools’ websites, please don’t hesitate to contact our technology director, Heather Burns at email@example.com
While Thompson Public Schools strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility.